We continue to follow Public Health guidelines and will lead our in-person classes OUTSIDE during our Spring semester.
In-person Safety - we will continue to liaise carefully with Public Health and are committed to ensuring our classes are conducted in a way that mitigates risks as far as is possible. Should changes need to be made due to further advice from Public Health or an alteration in COVID-19 protocols we are committed to making them and will communicate these changes with you.
Building on the success of our in-person safety protocols, we will continue with the following precautions:
- In-person classes will be held outside and have limited size
- Families will be physically distanced at all times and will be required to wear masks/face shields until they are checked-in by their teacher
- During class, families will be asked to maintain a 6-foot distance from other families and to stay together in a family bubble
- Adults are responsible for ensuring kids do not stray from their family bubble
- When our Town/City is identified as a "Red Zone" we ask that only one parent attends with each registered child.
- Health screenings MUST be completed before the start of each class, please either complete at home (link to be emailed before classes begin) or arrive at least 5 minutes before class to complete with your teacher - anyone who exhibits signs of COVID-19 will be asked to leave. Screening must be acknowledged before each class. Please stay home if you or your child feels unwell
- Families are asked to dress appropriately for spring temperatures, please bring your own waterproof/blanket to sit on.
- If the temperature is below -5°C or there is inclement weather, the class will be held in our Spring Zoom Room. Families will be notified via our Family Facebook Group, social media and email one hour before the first class of the day - classes for the rest of that day will remain online.
- There will be no make-up classes for in-person classes - missed classes can be made up via our online programming - please book via the Make Up Scheduler. We are offering unlimited make ups this Spring (class space permitting).
- We will not be sharing instruments this semester - please bring your favourites from home to your class. New families are asked to add the New Family instrument bag to their registration.
- If Public Health or our Towns deems it necessary for inperson classes to cease (including restrictions put on teaching staff), we will continue with our regularly scheduled class times online until we are allowed to return to our outdoor locations.
Thank you for helping us keep our community safe and well